At The Community-Wide End of Life/Palliative Care Initiative, we know how important your privacy is to you. Whether you are a current customer or just visiting our Web site, we are committed to protecting the personal information you provide just as we are committed to protecting your personal information when you provide it to us over the phone, in person or through the mail.
The purpose of this policy is to inform you of our information gathering and dissemination practices for this Web site, as well as handling of various situations related to privacy and confidentiality, including those involving requests for health information about persons covered under our benefit plans.
- Collection of Personally Identifiable Information – We may collect personally identifiable information from visitors to our site on a voluntary basis, including name, title, company, address, phone number, etc. We do not require this information to obtain access to any part of our public sites. The Community-Wide End of Life/Palliative Care Initiative does not sell or rent personally identifiable information to other organizations.
- Collection of Non-Personally Identifiable Information - The Community-Wide End of Life/Palliative Care Initiative may collect the home server domain names, search engine used, Web browser, date and time of the visit, and aggregate information about the pages on this site that our visitors access.
- How We Use the Information - Personally Identifiable Information collected when you visit this Web site will not be shared with or otherwise disclosed to anyone outside of The Community-Wide End of Life/Palliative Care Initiative or its sponsors without the consent of the person(s) authorized to permit us to do so, unless we are required to disclose the information by law, regulation or court order. Personally Identifiable Information you provide to The Community-Wide End of Life/Palliative Care Initiative via this web site will only be used for the express purpose of your disclosure to us, unless as otherwise described herein.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information collected when you use this Web site may be used for internal review purposes in the aggregate, including measuring and monitoring the use of our Web Site, diagnosing problems with our server, and administering our Web site.
- General Non-Confidentiality of Information Transmitted Via the Internet - Please be advised that the confidentiality of any communication, information or other material transmitted to or from The Community-Wide End of Life/Palliative Care Initiative via this site or e-mail cannot be guaranteed. Accordingly, The Community-Wide End of Life/Palliative Care Initiative is not responsible for the security or confidentiality of information being transmitted via the Internet, the World Wide Web or other global computer networks.
- Protecting Children Online - We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of all of our customers, including minors who are enrolled in our insurance plans. Children under the age of 13 can access our Web sites as guests. If they wish to use features on our Web sites, we require that they do so with the permission of their legal guardian. We will not knowingly collect or use any personal information regarding a user under the age of 13 without the consent of a parent or legal guardian.
- Other Web Sites - This site may contain "links" to other, non-Compassionandsupport.org Web sites. It is possible that non-Compassionandsupport.org Web sites may link into the Compassionandsupport.org Web site. We are not responsible for the content or the privacy practices employed by those non-Compassionandsupport.org Web sites.